This is the technique I taught in my January technique class that everyone loved. It has an unexpected beauty and elegance, but really is a simple WOW project. I learned this from another demonstrator as toilet paper is not typically a medium I use in my crafting, but that may be changing! 🙂
Here are the steps to making this beautiful background paper:
- Take 5 ply of toilet paper and layer them on top of each other. Tip: Look for toilet paper that has texture.
- Fill a Stampin’ Spritzer with water and lightly mist each layer of toilet paper, restacking the layers as you go. You want it rather moist but not saturated.
- Lay the moist layers of toilet paper inside the embossing folder and run it through the Big Shot. Tip: You may see water drip out of the side of the embossing folder. This is OK. Just use a paper towel to clean up excess water.
- Remove the embossed toilet paper and, very carefully, tear the edges of the toilet paper to give it a rough, torn edge. Tip: To make sure you don’t trim it too short, keep your card base close by and keep a close eye on the size as you tear it.
- Once the edges are torn and you are happy with the size, set it to the side to dry or use your heat tool to help speed up the drying process. Just be careful not to stay in one spot too long as it may burn your toilet paper.
- Because of the delicate natures of this new paper, you will adhere your dry, textured toilet paper background to your card using Tombo glue.
- Finish/embellish your project as desired.
See how great this paper turned out?!
Stamp Set – Banner Blast (Sale-A-Bration, item# 113551/133554)
Paper – Naturals White (item# 102316), Elegant Eggplant (item# 105126)
Ink – Perfect Plum (item# 126963), Daffodil Delight (item# 126944), Tangerine Tango (item# 126946), Tempting Turquoise (item# 126952)
Embellishments – Calypso Coral Baker’s Twine (item# 125573), Basic Rhinestones Jewel Accents (item# 119246)
Tools – Stampin’ Spritzer (item# 126185), Embossing folder, Big Shot (item# 113439), Pretty Print Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (item# 132175)
Adhesives – Tombo Glue (item# 110755), Stampin’ Dimensionals (item# 104430)