This weekend I made a fun card for a virtual swap with my demonstrator sisters. The challenge was called “Getting Personal” and asked us to use our initials as inspiration for our project. My initials are JOR, so this is how my project worked out:
Just Sayin’ stamp set(item# 133203, clear);
Ombre Background Technique;
Real Red Ink Refills (item# 103287). How did I do?
This is a popular look right now and there are a number of ways to achieve it, but here are the steps I took for this technique:
Ombre Background Technique
- Take a baby wipe and fold twice so that it is a quarter of the original size.
- Apply dots of color from your reinker along a folded edge of the wipe.
- Starting at the bottom of your glossy white cardstock, rub color across the paper and slowly move your way up as the color intensity lightens. You can also use rubbing alcohol to dilute the ink as you move up the cardstock.
- Keep applying color until you reach the desired affect.
- Assemble your card and embellish!