For this Fabulous Friday, the Sisters In Stamping designers are sharing punch art! Woohoo! Punch art is really so much fun – some designs are complex, and others are simplistic. Regardless of the effort, they are sure to wow.
I created this fun card for my dear father-in-law. His birthday is this month and I knew that Grumpy, his favorite, of the Seven Dwarfs would be perfect for him. I got the idea for this card from fellow punch artist, Ellen Kemper, and her blog post here where she shows off all seven of these cute little faces! The sentiment from Happy Birthday, Everyone (a hostess stamp set) was just the right fit to balance out this this card.
Here is a good close-up of my Grumpy. You can see all the different punches I used in the product listing below, but as you can see his face is mostly circles and ovals layered on top of each other. His nose was created with the wing from the Bird Builder Punch. His eyebrows, which is the feature that really sets him apart from the other dwarfs, were from another oval punch but then cut to shape. His body is the owl image from the Owl Builder Punch – the red for his shirt and the brown for his legs.
His arms are from the Sweetheart Punch, but ovals would work here as well. The layers were applied using the Fine Tip Glue Pen. I then drew in details for his mouth, shirt patches, and legs/knees using my Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker. Here are all the items used for this project:
I love hearing from you! Please use the comment section below to send me your questions and ideas. Each message is personally read and replied by me. I hope you are having a blessed week!
BONUS BLESSINGS HOSTESS CODE PROGRAM
Every month my customers have an opportunity to earn Bonus Blessings. Here’s how you can participate and what you need to know:
- When you place a qualifying order and use the monthly Hostess Code, you’ll automatically be added to my Bonus Blessings list.
- Bonus Blessings are mailed around 2 weeks after the end of the month.
- Check back monthly for details on the Bonus Blessings gift and qualifying order amount (as it may change each month).
- Smaller orders may qualify when you place multiple orders throughout the month, using the hostess code, if the combined totals equal or exceed the qualifying order amount.
- If your order is $150 or more, please omit the hostess code so you can select your Stampin’ Rewards! You will still qualify for my Bonus Blessings program.
- Limit: one gift per customer per month
April 2016 Bonus Blessings:
Hostess code: EWUEBN4Q
Qualifying Order: $65 or more
Bonus Blessings gift: One of the cards featured on my blog this month, and the Iced Rhinestone Embellishments
The Occasions Catalog is available and you can see the entire new product online.