Happy Friday, everyone! At the Sisters In Stamping blog, we were given a color combo challenge for this week – so fun, and challenging! Although I must admit, when I first heard of the colors in our challenge, I thought “This is going to be a horrible color combination!” But then I saw the colors together…gorgeous! Here is what we were given:
To get my creative juices flowing, I decided to thumb through my SU! annual catalog until I was settled on a stamp set and/or card layout. When I came to the Flower Shop stamp set, I knew I found what I needed! This layout is almost identical to the one featuring the Flower Shop stamp set in the annual catalog. Of course, I changed up the colors and used a different embossing folder and thinlits (my version uses Hello You Thinlits Dies and the Polka Dot Textured Impressions Folder).
The pansies were first stamped using Flirty Flamingo and Watermelon Wonder ink. I then used a watercolor method to color in the flowers with the same colors, adding some sparkle from my Wink of Stella glitter marker. The flowers were cut out using my Pansy Punch which coordinates perfectly with this stamp set. Centers were then embellished using different sized Basic Pearls.
The Hello sentiment is where I brought in the Night of Navy color to finish out the required combination. I cut very thin strips from my Stampin Dimensionals to raise the letters to the same level as my flowers – a little challenging, but totally worth it, don’t you think?! To add just a bit more texture, I added some Thick Whisper White Bakers Twine and Flirty Flamingo Ruched Ribbon to the side.
Here are the primary products used to create this card:
So, how would you use this color combination in your stamped creations? I’d love to hear from you – send me a photo or link to your projects displaying your talents. Also, don’t forget to head over to the SIS blog to see the other great color combo creations our other designers made for this Fabulous Friday challenge.
Thanks so much for stopping in! I look forward to hearing from you, and seeing you back here next week for more inspirational blessings. Have a great weekend!
Every month my customers have an opportunity to earn Bonus Blessings. Here’s how you can participate and what you need to know:
- When you place a qualifying order and use the monthly Hostess Code, you’ll automatically be added to my Bonus Blessings list.
- Bonus Blessings are mailed around 2 weeks after the end of the month.
- Check back monthly for details on the Bonus Blessings gift and qualifying order amount (as it may change each month).
- Smaller orders may qualify when you place multiple orders throughout the month, using the hostess code, if the combined totals equal or exceed the qualifying order amount.
- If your order is $150 or more, please omit the hostess code so you can select your Stampin’ Rewards! You will still qualify for my Bonus Blessings program.
- Limit: one gift per customer per month
June & July 2016 Bonus Blessings:
Hostess code: BS6FDZAJ
Qualifying Order: $75 or more
Bonus Blessings gift: One of the cards featured on my blog this month, and the Metallic Enamel Shapes (new!)
Get more from your wish list! For every $50 you spend in between July 7 and July 31, you’ll get a $5 Bonus Days coupon that you can use August 2-31. This is a great opportunity to shop from your wish list, whether you buy your favorite products now or later in August with your coupons!
- Promotion period: July 7–31, 2016
- Redemption period: August 2–31, 2016
- An email address is required to participate in this promotion; Bonus Days coupon codes can only be delivered via email.
- It is strongly recommended that participants both save emails containing their Bonus Days coupon codes AND write down the coupon codes in a safe place. Codes cannot be resent if the email is lost, and lost codes cannot be recovered.
- Bonus Days coupon codes can be redeemed for any product, excluding Starter Kits and Paper Pumpkin subscriptions. New prepaid Paper Pumpkin codes can be redeemed.