One of the easiest ways to get your creative mojo flowing is to find something beautiful and CASE it. For those of you new to this term, CASE means to Copy And Share Everything. Today, the Sisters In Stamping challenge was to find a card in the SU! catalog and CASE it, but incorporate some sort of change.
The card layout I used is found on page 13 and uses the Birthday Blooms stamp set. I love the simplicity of the card layouts used in this year’s catalog – very trendy and easy to reproduce!For my version of this card, I decided to go with a combination of images from the Flower Shop and Pop of Paradise stamp sets. And although it’s already fall, I just had to use some summery colors – Certainly Celery, Flirty Flamingo, and Melon Mambo.
I “randomly” stamped the flowers and leaves on a plain piece of Whisper White card stock to give it a designer series paper appearance. This style is perfect for a one-sheet-wonder technique!
The Flirty Flamingo flowers are stamped on at full strength, while the leaves are stamped-off first so that they didn’t dominate the paper. Then I mixed up the Melon Mambo flowers to be full strength on some, and stamped-off on others. This style is perfect for a one-sheet-wonder technique!
Usually, when I place a layered card front on my base, I trim the sides so that there is a 1/8″ border showing on each side. This particular layout only trims down the top and bottom portions, which I think is a very nice change. This layer is even more pronounced by the fact that it is elevated by Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Looking at this card now, I wish I had used Certainly Celery card stock for the oval sentiment piece. Yesterday it was nice, but now I’m not a fan of the ink distressed look with this particular layout…what do you think?
If you are interested in recreating this card yourself, here are the supplies you will need.
Every month my customers have an opportunity to earn Bonus Blessings. Here’s how you can participate and what you need to know:
- When you place a qualifying order and use the monthly Hostess Code, you’ll automatically be added to my Bonus Blessings list.
- Bonus Blessings are mailed around 2 weeks after the end of the month.
- Check back monthly for details on the Bonus Blessings gift and qualifying order amount (as it may change each month).
- Smaller orders may qualify when you place multiple orders throughout the month, using the hostess code, if the combined totals equal or exceed the qualifying order amount.
- If your order is $150 or more, please omit the hostess code so you can select your Stampin’ Rewards! You will still qualify for my Bonus Blessings program.
- Limit: one gift per customer per month
October 2016 Bonus Blessings:
Hostess code: 22JVTZRS
Qualifying Order: $50 or more
Bonus Blessings gift: One of the cards featured on my blog this month, and the Arrows Textured Impressions Embossing Folder