For the month of October, Stampin’ Up! is offering an amazing sale on our beautiful Designer Series Paper. This promotion is one of my favorites, since I tend to use a lot more DSP in the Fall making Christmas gifts.
To highlight all the wonderful DSP we have to offer, the Sisters In Stamping decided to share inspirational projects featuring these beautiful papers. For my project, I let the paper do all the talking – no sentiment or greeting necessary! I decided to focus on the Festive Birthday Designer Series Paper and a fancy fold.
I’ve seen this Drapery Fold technique all over social media in the stamping and crafting world. This is the first time I’ve tried it, and I LOVE IT! It is so easy and fun…and you get the pleasure of seeing both sides of the DSP.
The basics of this technique is to take a long strip of DSP and cut a diagonal section off the bottom to allow the folds to layer. By scoring and folding in 1″ to 1-1/2″ sections, you will get this beautiful drapery look – thus the technique name!
I really didn’t want to complicate this project with a sentiment or other stamped images, so I just layered on the paper and tied a pretty bow with our Organza Ribbon. I’m so glad this ribbon has stayed around for so long. It truly is one of my favorites!
Here are the products used for this project. If you would like to recreate this card, simply click the link or photo below to place your order:
Here is another look at today’s project. Please be sure to head over to the Sisters In Stamping blog to see other great Designer Series Paper projects for this Fabulous Friday!
Thank you for stopping by! Have a great weekend, and be sure to send up a prayer and a little blessing to those being affected by Hurricane Matthew.
Every month my customers have an opportunity to earn Bonus Blessings. Here’s how you can participate and what you need to know:
- When you place a qualifying order and use the monthly Hostess Code, you’ll automatically be added to my Bonus Blessings list.
- Bonus Blessings are mailed around 2 weeks after the end of the month.
- Check back monthly for details on the Bonus Blessings gift and qualifying order amount (as it may change each month).
- Smaller orders may qualify when you place multiple orders throughout the month, using the hostess code, if the combined totals equal or exceed the qualifying order amount.
- If your order is $150 or more, please omit the hostess code so you can select your Stampin’ Rewards! You will still qualify for my Bonus Blessings program.
- Limit: one gift per customer per month
October 2016 Bonus Blessings:
Hostess code: 22JVTZRS
Qualifying Order: $50 or more
Bonus Blessings gift: One of the cards featured on my blog this month, and the Arrows Textured Impressions Embossing Folder