Our little farm is growing and we were blessed (I think) with twin calves this week! We are still watching the herd because we’re not quite sure if mama is fully accepting one of the twins. Tomorrow we’ll know for sure, but if we end up having a little orphan my oldest kiddo has decided to take on the challenge of raising the calf – a big responsibility I’m interested in watching. 🙂
It may be calving season in the pasture, but it is duck season in my stamp room this week! I wanted to use my watercolor pencils, so I selected a few of my favorite stamp sets perfect for watercolor techniques. And because the Sisters In Stamping theme for this week’s Fabulous Friday is birds, I easily landed on The Wilderness Awaits stamp set.
I’m sure there are plenty of ways to use this set, but it just screams “masculine” to me. So I immediately paired it with the Guy Greetings and In the Meadow stamp sets. The mallard obviously needed to be the star of the show on this card, so I used various pencil to get the colors right, then blended them together using my Aqua Painters. Based on the watercolor results, I pulled in black and Crushed Curry cardstock to highlight the colors further and frame the art.
Fibers and texture are always a bit challenging for masculine cards. Here I used the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies to enhance the clean lines. When trying to decide on fibers, I realized that my Gold Sequin Trim was nearby and the thread matched my color palate really well. So I pulled off about 10-15 sequins and set them to the side for a future project. Then I trimmed and separated the thread, and incorporated the fibers randomly around my stamped image.
If you are interested in trying this project yourself, these are the products you may need. Just click on the thumbnail below to start an order through my online store!
BONUS BLESSINGS HOSTESS CODE PROGRAM
Every month my customers have an opportunity to earn Bonus Blessings. Here’s how you can participate and what you need to know:
- When you place a qualifying order through my ONLINE store and use the monthly Hostess Code, you’ll automatically be added to my Bonus Blessings list.
- Bonus Blessings are mailed around 2 weeks after the end of the month.
- Check back monthly for details on the Bonus Blessings gift and qualifying order amount (as it may change each month).
- Smaller orders may qualify when you place multiple orders throughout the month, using the hostess code, if the combined totals equal or exceed the qualifying order amount.
- If your order is $150 or more, please omit the hostess code so you can select your Stampin’ Rewards! You will still qualify for my Bonus Blessings program.
- Limit: one gift per customer per month
February 2017 Bonus Blessings:
Hostess code: H4QJDDMM
Qualifying Order: $75 or more from my ONLINE store
Bonus Blessings gift: One of the cards featured on my blog this month, and the NEW Mini Paper Clips Combo Pack!