There are a few more embellishments available in the new Stampin’ Up! catalog this season. To show them off, the Sisters in Stamping designers are featuring projects highlighting some of the newest embellishments shown on pages 196 and 197:
For my project, I thought it would be fun to try something that wasn’t a card or other paper craft. And when it comes to our Stampin’ Up! embellishments, they are beautiful enough to wear! I love making embellishment pieces into jewelry. I make earrings and necklaces fairly often, but bracelets are few and far between.
So, I pulled out some scrap pieces of leather I bought years ago and did a bit of research on the internet for inspiration on leather bracelets and other wearable accessories. I used a variety of ideas and created this leather cuff bracelet featuring the new Clear Faceted Gems.
I didn’t do any stamping on this project, but I did use two different embellishments as well as the scalloped edge in the Seasonal Layers Thinlits Dies as a template for the bracelet’s border design. I traced the scallop in pencil and cut out the shape with some craft scissors. I used my cropadile hole punch to cut out the two different sized circles within the scalloped border. I think it gives the cuff a nice elegant look, like lace without the actual lace!
The bracelet closure is simple and requires no hardware. The two ends are made like a closed mouth pack-man. To wear, you insert the mouth openings together for a secure fit.
I decided to wear my new bracelet all day today to see how it held up in my real world environment. A full day at work, running errands, and taking care of the family and it never fell off. So while I was skeptical at first, this simple closure was a great design!
Here are the products I used in today’s project. Just click the thumbnails below to go to my online store fore more information or to place an order.
Has your wish list grown since the new catalog came out? Then treat yourself to Bonus Days: for every $50 US/$60 CAN you spend July 1–31 (before shipping and tax), you’ll get a $5 US/$6 CAN Bonus Days coupon that you can use August 1–31. There is no limit to how many coupons you can earn, so shop all month!
Bonus Days: How to Earn in July
Earning period: July 1–31, 2017
- Phone: July 31, 2017 by 6:50 PM (MT)
- Online: July 31, 2017 by 11:50 PM (MT)
- There is no limit to the number of coupons participants can receive per order or throughout the duration of the promotion.
- An email address is required to participate; Bonus Days coupon codes can only be delivered via email.
Ho, ho, ho! Our Christmas in July promotion makes it easier than ever to sign up to be a demonstrator! Just purchase your Starter Kit by July 31 and you will receive a FREE Essentials Gift Pack including Paper Snips, SNAIL Adhesive, Grid Paper, two D Blocks (one for you and one for a stamping friend!), and a Bone Folder. That’s an added value of $52 US/$68 CAN! And since as a new demonstrator you can get your hands on new products before anyone else, we will include the Carols of Christmas Stamp Set from the holiday catalog for FREE ($20 US/$26 CAN Value)! With so many basic items included with your kit, you’ll be able to spend your Starter Kit dollars on the fun stuff—like your favorite stamp sets and accessories!
This amazing deal won’t last! Join now!
BONUS BLESSINGS HOSTESS CODE PROGRAM
Every month my customers have an opportunity to earn Bonus Blessings. Here’s how you can participate and what you need to know:
- When you place a qualifying order through my ONLINE store and use the monthly Hostess Code, you’ll automatically be added to my Bonus Blessings list.
- Bonus Blessings are mailed around 2 weeks after the end of the month.
- Check back monthly for details on the Bonus Blessings gift and qualifying order amount (as it may change each month).
- Smaller orders may qualify when you place multiple orders throughout the month, using the hostess code, if the combined totals equal or exceed the qualifying order amount.
- If your order is $150 or more, please omit the hostess code so you can select your Stampin’ Rewards! You will still qualify for my Bonus Blessings program.
- Limit: one gift per customer per month
July/August 2017 Bonus Blessings:
Hostess code: WHREFSPZ
Qualifying Order: $75 or more from my ONLINE store
Bonus Blessings gift: One of the cards featured on my blog this month, and these sweet Striped Treat Bags!