This is the technique I taught in my January technique class that everyone loved. It has an unexpected beauty and elegance, but really is a simple WOW project. I learned this from another demonstrator as toilet paper is not typically a medium I use in my crafting, but that may be changing! 🙂
Here are the steps to making this beautiful background paper:
- Take 5 ply of toilet paper and layer them on top of each other. Tip: Look for toilet paper that has texture.
- Fill a Stampin’ Spritzer with water and lightly mist each layer of toilet paper, restacking the layers as you go. You want it rather moist but not saturated.
- Lay the moist layers of toilet paper inside the embossing folder and run it through the Big Shot. Tip: You may see water drip out of the side of the embossing folder. This is OK. Just use a paper towel to clean up excess water.
- Remove the embossed toilet paper and, very carefully, tear the edges of the toilet paper to give it a rough, torn edge. Tip: To make sure you don’t trim it too short, keep your card base close by and keep a close eye on the size as you tear it.
- Once the edges are torn and you are happy with the size, set it to the side to dry or use your heat tool to help speed up the drying process. Just be careful not to stay in one spot too long as it may burn your toilet paper.
- Because of the delicate natures of this new paper, you will adhere your dry, textured toilet paper background to your card using Tombo glue.
- Finish/embellish your project as desired.
See how great this paper turned out?!
Stamp Set – Banner Blast (Sale-A-Bration, item# 113551/133554)
Paper – Naturals White (item# 102316), Elegant Eggplant (item# 105126)
Ink – Perfect Plum (item# 126963), Daffodil Delight (item# 126944), Tangerine Tango (item# 126946), Tempting Turquoise (item# 126952)
Embellishments – Calypso Coral Baker’s Twine (item# 125573), Basic Rhinestones Jewel Accents (item# 119246)
Tools – Stampin’ Spritzer (item# 126185), Embossing folder, Big Shot (item# 113439), Pretty Print Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (item# 132175)
Adhesives – Tombo Glue (item# 110755), Stampin’ Dimensionals (item# 104430)
The following are updates on promotions and news happening at Stampin’ Up!
Each week Stampin’ Up! offers promotional pricing on select items. These can be found on my store under Weekly Deals link on the left hand side.
Here is some great news about Paper Pumpkin! Only while supplies last, active Paper Pumpkin subscribers can purchase a selection of past Paper Pumpkin Kits and Paper Pumpkin Refill Kits. Check out the flyer below for kit details.
- This special offer is available to any active Paper Pumpkin subscribers. Former Paper Pumpkin subscribers are not eligible unless they re-subscribe.
- An active or current subscriber is someone who is receiving one or more Paper Pumpkin Kits on a monthly basis.
- If a subscriber decides to skip a month, they are still considered an active subscriber.
- Kits and refill kits will count toward Sale-A-Bration rewards (through March 31) and hostess benefits for all subscribers.
- Active subscribers can order as many kits and refill kits as they’d like; however, this offer is good only while supplies last. Once our current inventory of a kit is depleted, the kit will not be available for ordering.
- There is no guarantee that we will sell additional past kits or kit refills again. We will be monitoring the effectiveness of selling past kits and refill kits prior to offering additional kits or refill kits in the future.
- Kit prices do not include shipping; standard shipping rates apply.
- To order these kits, Paper Pumpkin subscribers must call Demonstrator Support during normal business hours (M-F, 7 AM [MT] – 7 PM [MT]) at 1-800-STAMP UP (1-800-782-6787).
*Kits cannot be ordered in the Online Store.
*Kits can be added to a customer or workshop order.
*Kits cannot be used on incentive orders or as a Starter Kit item.
*Kits can be purchased with hostess dollars or as hostess 50%-off items.
- Paper Pumpkin Refill Kits do NOT include the stamp set or ink from the original kit.
The Paper Pumpkin marker promotion has been going so well that it has been extended through March 31st! Here, new Paper Pumpkin subscribers who sign up at www.mypaperpumpkin.com/ between January 11 and March 31, 2014, will receive a FREE set of In Color Stampin’ Write Markers -a $14.95 value-with their Welcome Kit.
This special offer is only valid for new subscribers.
- Customers must sign up at http://www.mypaperpumpkin.com/.
- The markers will be sent with the subscriber’s Welcome Kit. No coupon code is required. Anyone who signs up for a Paper Pumpkin membership during the promotion dates (through March 31) will get a FREE set of In Color Stampin’ Write Markers.
Don’t forget to check out our biggest promotion of the year – can you say FREE?!
A simple but elegant love note is easy to create with a little DSP and the Big Shot.
I love how grey and yellow go together, so Eastern Elegance DSP is a must have product for me. And the addition of Coastal Cabana gives the combination a great pop of color. After selecting my sheet of DSP, I used the middle sized envelope liner from the Envelope Liners Framelits Dies and “Love” from the Expressions Thinlits Dies – running them through my Big Shot all at the same time – to create the envelope for the front of my card. (Note: You can skip the “Love” thinlit here. Further explanation is below.) I trimmed the sides of the envelope 1/4″ on either side to make it all fit. Next, I added Coastal Cabana 3/8″ Ruffle Stretch Trim to the underside of my envelope flap for some added texture.
Afterwards, I realized that the DSP was a little too busy to leave the “Love” void in the envelope flap. So I ran the thinlit through my Big Shot again, this time with Smokey Slate CS. I then adhered the expression into the previous void so that it was imbedded in the envelope flap.
Finally, I attached the envelope to a Smokey Slate cardfront that had been embossed with the Pretty Print Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. It all came together with another piece of DSP and a Whisper White card base.
Paper – Eastern Elegance DSP (130131), Smokey Slate CS (131202)
Accessories – Coastal Cabana 3/8″ Ruffle Stretch Trim (130024), Big Shot (113439), Envelope Liners Framelits Dies (132172), Expressions Thinlits Dies (132171), Pretty Print Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (132175)